This is a tag that I haven’t seen around, but I thought would be a lot of fun for people! I figured out two different ways to accomplish this tag, for the people who like a little variety 🙂
First Way: Pick five of your favorite quotes from a book, and tell why they’re you’re favorite! Pretty simple, right? I think my one of my favorite things about reading is when you come across that quote that just resonates within you and sticks in your brain, to the point where you have to write it down so you don’t forget it.
Second Way: Pick five of your favorite quotes from books, that are about books! I would suggest Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater, Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine, or The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin. Those three are some of my favorite bookish reads, but there are a lot more out there!
As an example, I will be doing the tag down below, so please check it out, and I will tag some people at the end.I will be doing the first way since it is a bit simpler and I don’t have enough time to get this up today like I planned if I do the second way.
One last thing: Please don’t pick quotes that have spoilers. Not everyone has read the same books you have, and the last thing you want to do is ruin it for them.
Five Favorite Book Quotes
- “Fair means everyone gets what they need. And the only way to get what you need is to make it happen yourself.”-Rick Riordan, The Red Pyramid. This one means a lot to me because it’s something that I can relate my life. As an African American woman, my life, at times, can be anything but fair. Looking at the definition of fair in this new perspective gives me a sense of determination to make sure I get what I need.
- “I must acquire my own information, build my own knowledge, and, through experience, transform it to the treasured gold of wisdom.”-Rachel Caine, Ink and Bone. This one also fills me with determination, but also a hunger to learn. This quote talks about more than just gathering useless information, it talks about experiencing, going out and meeting people and learning from mistakes and heartache and love and laughter. I think that’s simply beautiful.
- “…she made her home in between the pages of books.”-Maggie Stiefvater, Linger. I like this quote so much for obvious reasons. This is basically the motto of my life, and I don’t see that changing anytime soon. Books will always be my home away from home, whenever I need a bit of peace in the calamity.
- “We aren’t the things we collect, acquire, read. We are, for as long as we are here, only love. The things we loved. The people we loved. And these, I think these really do live on.”-Gabrielle Zevin, The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry. This quote reminds me not to put to much weight in material items, and to put more focus on my character and how I treat people. At the end of the day, all the books in the world mean nothing if you don’t have anyone to share them with.
- “Because fear kills everything,” Mo had once told her. “Your mind, your heart, your imagination.” -Cornelia Funke, Inkheart. This quote is actually one I want to have tattooed on me when I get older. My life is full of fears. From external to internal, and there is a lot I need to watch out for. But I also need to remember not to let that fear take me over and make me miss out on the amazing things life can offer me.
Those are mt five favorite quotes from books, and it was a lot of fun choosing quotes that mean a lot to me. I used to have a quote wall to choose from, but that is no longer available. I have them in a notebook, but it’s lost in the recesses of my room. I mostly used Goodreads to pick out quotes.
If you do this tag, please let me know so I can check it out and see some of the amazing books you all picked!